Posted by Sam Hayes On Wednesday, September 09, 2009
As I'm on the last stint before the start of the course, I thought it would be only right to up my post count on my blog. I'm working on my larger pieces now (A little worried that they are a little too uniform, there are no tentacles or Terry Pratchett-like events, but hopefully they should be OK)

Between doing my sketches (and going to the pub, but lets ignore that) I've watched a few films in the last week, one of which was this:





The first film I watched this week was Kelly's Heroes. In my opinion, this was one of Clint Eastwood's best films, however the main reason I watched it again is because of Donald Sutherland's role as the alcoholic hippy tank driver - "Oddball". The film was released in 1970. The main plot is based around a storage of gold in a bank in France, which is being "secretly" guarded by the Germans. It is not that secret, as a group of US soldiers, led by Clint Eastwood or 'Pvt Kelly' know about it and plan to steal it . These soldiers go against orders to capture the gold for themselves, drafting in various help along the way.

I've included a link to the best scene below. Where Eastwood, Sutherland and their sergeant have a western high-noon style stand-off with a fully armed German tiger tank. Well worth a watch. The hippy 70s soundtrack to this film is also great. After watching Inglourious Basterds a couple of weeks ago, I immeadiately picked up on the music in the film being very similar at points, after a quick check, turned out it shared a composer with Kelly's Heroes.

Tiger Tank Showdown

2 Responses to ' '

  1. matt hyland said...
    http://samhayes101.blogspot.com/2009/09/as-im-on-last-stint-before-start-of.html?showComment=1252660460353#c4315492620654968775'> 11 September 2009 at 10:14

    grate film =)

     

  2. Ruben Martins said...
    http://samhayes101.blogspot.com/2009/09/as-im-on-last-stint-before-start-of.html?showComment=1252667084815#c6733487912646167802'> 11 September 2009 at 12:04

    nice to meet you, yes it was too hot... way too hot but good to enjoy the beach, hehehe

    see you monday

     

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a student studying CG Arts and Animation at the University for the Creative Arts, I'm living in Kent.

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive