Concept Update

Posted by Sam Hayes On Wednesday, November 18, 2009
After adding a mountain in the background ,I then read Simon's comment on my last post, saying I should just improve the sky, and I think he may be right.At the moment,the image consists of a lot of ground and rock, I think if I was to remove the background silhouette and re-do the sky completely, I can make this image look more powerful. I'm going start from scratch on this one, I will consider the one below a draft.




The lava cavern I am still playing with on the lighting front. I'm going to look into some more techniques, but the look I'm aiming for is rays coming out of the ceiling lighting up the rock.


1 Response to 'Concept Update'

  1. http://samhayes101.blogspot.com/2009/11/concept-update.html?showComment=1258715860325#c5187827963094546706'> 20 November 2009 at 11:17

    Hi Sam,

    If you are going to revise the coastline one maybe a more dynamic view would be in order.
    Instead of facing the cliffs head on try from a 3/4 view with the coastline receding into the distance, chesck out the composition that
    Chen (or Kin I'm not sure which) has on his coastline image. (at the pictorial supermarche)

     

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a student studying CG Arts and Animation at the University for the Creative Arts, I'm living in Kent.

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive