End of Story-Telling Unit

Posted by Sam Hayes On Friday, March 05, 2010
Our 4th Unit has now come to an end with our Crit today, which I think was the most interesting yet due to this unit being the hardest so far. There was a lot of work involved in this unit and time management for me was a bit of a struggle, partially due to our theory symposiums that we had. Time might have seemed shorter also because our last project was about eight week long including Christmas.

This last week has been the most exhausting of the course so far and I've had a day of people telling me I 'look like a corpse' due to lack of sleep. I think I've realised that it doesn't matter how long I stretch my work over in the project (I had worked a lot over the last fortnight) but on the last couple of days I will always burn myself out as for some reason I won't stop working until the last moment, hopefully I can learn to pull away from this.

I was quite happy with my animatic and Pre-viz, I think they did their job of displaying a story in a planning stage and I'm happy that I could portray my tale even if there were a lot of improvements that I could have made. I must admit that on this project I didn't focus enough on pencil and paper, I wanted to sit down and thrash out a drawing style, which I've yet to do. This upcoming project should be the best opportunity to do that, seen as it is all classic paper animation.

I willupload my animatic and pre-visualisation tommorow morning, when I have access to better Internet.

1 Response to 'End of Story-Telling Unit'

  1. Jackie said...
    http://samhayes101.blogspot.com/2010/03/end-of-story-telling-unit.html?showComment=1267860675812#c5606179518101995049'> 6 March 2010 at 07:31

    I'm sure by the end of the next project, your drawing style will be well thrashed out! :)

     

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a student studying CG Arts and Animation at the University for the Creative Arts, I'm living in Kent.

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive