Maya Tutorial: Lip Syncing

Posted by Sam Hayes On Thursday, September 23, 2010
To get prepared for the group project, I'm going to try and animate a quick line of dialogue every day (hopefully) to get the hang of animating. That way, in the future, when I learn more from Alan and eventually create a character I'll know what to do with it. This is a first attempt, I can see some problems with the Jaw, but next one should be better.



I'm really enjoying the facial animation and lip syncing, it is something that is going to be crucial to our current and future projects. I really want to explore facial animation more throughout this unit and I'm looking forward to learning how to act the Phoneme’s & Visemes. I plan to keep practicising to get these tutorials drilled into me, a I know very shortly I'll be animating characters. Below is the Jim Carey snippet along with a Taxi Driver line which I had a go at. I tried a bit of facial animation, but it is very rough. The rig is incredible intuitive and easy to use though, I can see why it is so popular.




1 Response to 'Maya Tutorial: Lip Syncing'

  1. Alan Postings said...
    http://samhayes101.blogspot.com/2010/09/maya-tutorial-lip-synching.html?showComment=1285369400364#c4264578275527591929'> 25 September 2010 at 00:03

    Hi Sam,

    The rhythm looks good on both. In most cases pretty close or on the correct keys. Well done. Look forward to seeing how you do on the next stage.

     

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a student studying CG Arts and Animation at the University for the Creative Arts, I'm living in Kent.

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive