I'm posting for the narrative unit on my personal blog so that our group blog stays professional. It is more note-taking thna anything else.
I thought it would be a good idea to put our initial ideas which we explored yesterday in a post. That way we can decided which ones to build on and how to go ahead. Here is what I remember us talking about below, we can all edit it to change and add things:
- Cheerleaders from 'Beyond the Stars' does not limit them to Aliens. They can be aliens, robots or even humans.
- The best place to set the trailer / film would be around a High School in a small town, fitting with the generic B-Movie plots.
- The plot could be based around a cheerleading group competition, in which the killer cheerleaders gatecrash or participate in before the killing begins.
- To set the background up, a shot could be included showing the competition or school mentioned on a local radio, showing the signal spreading into the atmosphere and beyond into space, explaining how it reached 'beyond the stars' or why the killers arrive.
- There are a lot of design possibilites for the weapons, they can be completely new technologies, allowing us some good original shots and ideas.
- A portion of our trailer would be a reveal shot, where the cheerleaders are shown emmerging from their innocent appearance to their real image. We thought that a good way of doing this was to show the cheerleaders in silhouette, slowly allowing them to be seen or perhaps a sudden turning point which would be shown in the trailer to set the film up.
- We thought we may need a hero or protagonist character to bulk the trailer up and give the film some direction, but we haven't really gone into detail with characters.