Animatic Draft

Posted by Sam Hayes On Friday, February 11, 2011
I've completed some rough storyboards (Some of them more like thumbnails) and created a rough animatic using them. Although it doesn't look like much, this animatic has helped me immensley with the story in my head, as it is now 'out there' and alongside the music, ready to refine. There are a few issues with the animatic (Mainly with the music, which Im still tweaking) but I think it portrays the pace and mood of the animation. The animation itself is not shown in much detail, I plan to do in-depth animation sheets for each shot, so I know exactly what Im animating, this should save time and make it all 'cleaner'.

1 Response to 'Animatic Draft'

  1. tutorphil said...
    http://samhayes101.blogspot.com/2011/02/animatic-draft.html?showComment=1297422655523#c8155527742353845215'> 11 February 2011 at 11:10

    Sam - basic as this is, it just made me smile and smile - and the story beats are satisfying - so yes, time to get into the nitty gritty of the nuancing of the action - for instance, the lasso as a neck-tie - and perhaps thinking of more opportunities for ways in which the suitcase an alternate its behaviour using its contents. I do think you should absolutely signal to the audience that they're 'just married' luggage too - it just makes the whole thing jingle with more urgency etc. I look forward to the next set of drawings. :D

     

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a student studying CG Arts and Animation at the University for the Creative Arts, I'm living in Kent.

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive