Over the last week, Rich and I have been working on a final scene of the street, each taking a side to build using the props and buildings previously modelled. It is taking it's time to get to the quality we're aiming for but it should pay off in the end, and some hard work over Christmas we should be able to achieve what we set out to do. Once the street is completed, we'll pull together to build the alleyway, which will be much more compact and manageable, then onto the courtyard, which considering the way we want to portray it, should once again be much easier to construct. We'll also be re-using as much of the props and buildings as possible without it becoming too noticeable.
Below are a few shots of the right-hand side of the street, which I've been constructing. Alan has also helpfully given us some tips over the last week in regards to lighting, which has made things much clearer (Though the shots below aren't using the photographic camera that we've been experimenting with)
The clothes/sheets will be blowing in the wind, In a separate scene where they were modelled, I set-up some Ncloth using transform constraints on the rope-lines, which created a nice result. Calculating this in the final scene might be a bit of a slog, but I'm sure it'll add much more movement and realism in the animation.
The lanterns have a simple colour on them for now, they'll be much more detailed when textured.