Portrait Idea- Unfinished Drawing

Posted by Sam Hayes On Sunday, October 18, 2009
I posted my original idea on my blog a couple of weeks ago, I wrote:

"My third idea's main theme is highlighting the fact that I have not yet made all of my choices in life. As I am creating a portrait of my 19-year-old self, I think the portrait should portray the fact that I am unfinished as a person and my path undetermined (Which could be said for any age, but especially for someone young). The main idea is that there is still a lot of me to be defined."

I have created a draft of this idea, using a basic image of my face as well as sketching my body. I haven't decided whether I'll carry this idea onto my final piece, but I suspect I will leave it where it is, as I cannot develop it much further. I think I have shown all I can with this idea. The image is below.

1 Response to 'Portrait Idea- Unfinished Drawing'

  1. tutorphil said...
    http://samhayes101.blogspot.com/2009/10/portrait-idea-unfinished-drawing.html?showComment=1255943980343#c1016541444310741774'> 19 October 2009 at 10:19

    Tomorrow at 3pm in Lecture Theatre 1, Tracy Ashmore is doing a second session on structuring arguments for academic writing and creative research; it will last an hour, giving you a bit of a breather before the life-drawing class; sorry for the short notice, but it was only confirmed at the end of last week. If you could assist me in getting word out to your classmates, I'd be very grateful. Cheers!

     

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a student studying CG Arts and Animation at the University for the Creative Arts, I'm living in Kent.

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive