It looks more realistic in the video. I've also had a few thoughts on structure. Phil told me that as I'm aiming for an all-round adventure Bruckheimer style I should mix up the atmosphere. I decided to make the next scene, with the spores going through the air in the forest a lot darker. I did this by toning down the colour and changing the background as advised to a forest.
Once again, it looks better in motion as the background is blurred.
This led me onto my next idea, which was to have the next scene, after the spore has landed, to be a thunderstorm-type scene, where the leaf grows out of the top. I think this would match well, as the scene structure would go from Very Bright (Canyon) , Slightly Darker and Moodier (Forest) to the Gametophyte growing where it will begin the rain. This is also quite crucial to the process, as the sperm sacks will only burst after filling with moisture.
I have a shot structure planned for this, which I hope will look cinematic.