Maya Progress

Posted by Sam Hayes On Saturday, May 22, 2010
I've continued working in Maya over the past few days and I think it has finally paid off as I don't have a lot more 3D to do, which means I get to sit in the really hot sun outside and become slowly annoyed by my neighbour's lawnmower which sounds like something the Soviet's made in the 1930s out of scrap metal.

I've got one more scene to do, then a lot of After Effects work and editing in Premiere, ready for Friday. I want to have a couple of days for adding and editing sound as it is a huge part of my piece and needs to match the animation.

Below are some renders of my final scenes. The first one being quite a dark shot of the Gametophyte growing out of the spore, this scene will be lit up by flashes of lightining. The background will be digitally painted, it makes more sense in motion (like most things)


The next scene is the sperm-sacks, one of which bursts and releases the sperm-cells. Once again, the background will be added in After Effects after being modelled in Maya, I think it will be quite mountainous, as if the surface of the gametophyte is bumpy.
I've still got to animate the cells flowing down the leaf to the egg, which is my final scene. I'm going to put as much effort into it as possible, to make it worth the journey.

1 Response to 'Maya Progress'

  1. tutorphil said...
    http://samhayes101.blogspot.com/2010/05/maya-progress_22.html?showComment=1274542688236#c255653551762964997'> 22 May 2010 at 16:38

    Hey Sam - I love the 'alienesque' egg chamber scene - bags of atmosphere; just keep refining and polishing with lighting to really bring out the most in your various scenes; remember to abandon 'lighting logic' if to do so promises to make the scene look 'right' - if it does, no one cares where the light is coming from!

     

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a student studying CG Arts and Animation at the University for the Creative Arts, I'm living in Kent.

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive