Cheerleader Characters

Posted by Sam Hayes On Thursday, December 30, 2010
Im taking a break from the Jock to move onto the cheerleader. With some knowledge of the problems I encountered doing the Jock, the modelling of the cheerleader has been altered a little, mainly with the clothing and arms. So far I have the basic shape / proportions. The concept exaggerated the thinness of the waist a lot more, but after looking at the Jock, I don't think that will animate too well (or rather, at this stage I don't think I can rig/ skin it well enough) so I'm going to try and make up for the lack of style on the waist with the chest and head.

The skirt is just a basic mesh at the moment, I'm going to add more detail, a trim and some offset to make it look more cloth-like. I was going to look into using N-cloth, which will prove to be another thing to read up on. The head is going to need quite a bit of work to get it looking nice.

I was thinking about reference some Pin-up girls for their natural traditional beauty. I caught an image of Audrey Hepburn baking a cake the other day and haven't been quite the same since, the image below show a sort of style I think would go well.




Below is the progress of my, not so appealing Cheerleader, but give it time, she doesn't even have a head yet.



2 Responses to 'Cheerleader Characters'

  1. Jon Stewart said...
    http://samhayes101.blogspot.com/2010/12/cheerleader-characters.html?showComment=1294054266892#c4086034949125496758'> 3 January 2011 at 11:31

    Got the proportions of Elastigirl from The Incredibles.

     

  2. Jon Stewart said...
    http://samhayes101.blogspot.com/2010/12/cheerleader-characters.html?showComment=1294054309534#c4685961613230917145'> 3 January 2011 at 11:31

    She has the proportions of Elastigirl from The Incredibles. :D Is that what you're going for? If not, then I'd suggest bringing those hips in a tad.

     

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a student studying CG Arts and Animation at the University for the Creative Arts, I'm living in Kent.

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive