Jock Skinning

Posted by Sam Hayes On Thursday, December 30, 2010
They say there is more than one way to skin a cat, unfortunately, there seems to be only one way to skin a teenage Jock, and it's not easy. I've been skinning for the last day or so and I think I'm almost there. Unfortunately, there are some problems with the model. The Legs, spine, neck, hips etc all seem to work fine, however the arms are far from perfect. I modelled the jock with his hands facing forwards, instead of downwards, I didn't even think about how the shoulders would bend, so there is an error with that.

The jock's arm doesn't really move much throughout the animation, just in one scene (where he throws a basketball)  If I have time after the next character rig/skin then I'll go back and fix it, but for now, hopefully it will be OK.




The texture needs to be improved on this character, as well as the hair.It can then be split into three variations, using different hair pieces and face blendshapes. I need to do the facial animation blendshapes next and set up the eye look. This model is far from perfect, but I've learned a lot from it, and the next one should not have the same problems.

0 Responses to 'Jock Skinning'

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a student studying CG Arts and Animation at the University for the Creative Arts, I'm living in Kent.

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive