Roads in Maya

Posted by Sam Hayes On Wednesday, January 06, 2010
The weather outside is awful today, snow-ridden and cold, so I've had an excuse to knuckle-down on this project. Another thing I've been playing with today is creating a road in Maya. Below is my first experiment with texturing, It's not a bad attempt, but I think it needs to be higher resolution. I've included the map below. What I am planning to do is split the road into two portions and put it side-by-side on the UV making the quality twice as good (As there is a lot of texture space wasted) The right hand side was originally going to be for the pavement texture, but I can always split the materials.




I also think the markings need a bit more detail and refining.

0 Responses to 'Roads in Maya'

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a student studying CG Arts and Animation at the University for the Creative Arts, I'm living in Kent.

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive